Friday, May 19, 2017

Happy Thirtieth, P :)

Happy Thirtieth Birthday, P. Every year I write a post on my birthday, but it is a significant milestone this year. Thirty years is big. Day by day, nothing changes, but if we look at the period, a lot changes. If I look back at the time between when I was twenty and now when I am thirty, so much has changed, professionally and personally. I don't know where to even begin. People have left me; I have left people. But the one thing that has stayed with me is this blog. It is ten years of blogging. I started this blog in 2007; it is now ten years old. Initially, it was my medium for writing [pretentious] simplistic posts on complex social issues. It became an outlet channel for the emotional turmoil of the twenties, and finally, it focused only on the one thing I genuinely love—movies. The blog reminds me of my [limited] maturity and growth. The movies have helped me make the most friends through this blog: people from places I have never been, and most likely will never be. I struggle to make and maintain friendships, given that I have so few real-life friends, but I feel humbled to know people through this blog. I am always surprised by the emotional depth people see in the movies, and I have learned so much from them. People are just amazing, and it is fascinating that each has their own view of how a movie touched them. Given the work schedule, I hope to continue writing, though it is becoming increasingly difficult for me. I also have to think of taking this to the next step. Let's see how it turns out. I have to set a few goals for the next decade so that when I look back at this post when I am forty (and if I am alive at that time), I can see if I have achieved what I had planned for. Thank you to everyone who sent me their wishes today. I am so truly touched and moved by the messages that everyone sent. S wrote a special post on his blog for me (link). I am not worthy of it, but I felt special when I read it. And, yes, I took a trip to Los Angeles for my birthday because, as I always say, we must find our own happiness. If we don't, no one will. Today, I visited where La La Land was shot. Some pictures are below. More later :)
 
 
Dialogue of the Day:
"Mera sense of humour bahot accha hai, aapko dheere dheere pata chalega."
—Rani, Queen

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet! You've mentioned me in your post, so special for me! Cheers to dreams and life, again!! (And I am so glad you visited LA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sanjay, for writing the post :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment