Sunday, April 5, 2015

Proust Questionnaire

Last week, Brainpickings posted an interesting post on the Proust questionnaire. I thought I should write about it as it is so long that I have not written anything. I love to read other people's responses; it helps to know them so much better. If you are reading this, I would love to read about your answers, so please write about them on your blog or leave your responses in the comments.

Here are my responses — 

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Discussing with a friend who watches movies the way I do and talking with him/her about the layers and symbolism in a film.

What is your greatest fear?
That I will end up in an airplane that will go missing, and will never be found. 

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
People who are not willing to do the hard work but want to succeed using other means.

What is your greatest extravagance?
These days, I crave for good food, so, once in a while, I spend on food.

What is your favorite journey?
Coming home from office on a Friday.

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
We cannot control the way we look, but I wish I did some exercise to have at least a fit body; I have a flabby body now.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Hindi Movies. 

When and where were you happiest?
Ten years ago, when Class 12th results came out and I topped my school with 95.4%, I was ecstatic. I was naive then. Little did I know that it would be the beginning of the misery that just never seems to end since, but I remember being extremely happy at that time. I was also very happy when the person I once liked told me that I was terribly missed. It gave me a feeling that I was important for somebody. After that, something happened though. Distances came, the heart moved on, but some memories remain.

What talent would you most like to have?
I wish I could write well like my favorite authors, but sadly, it is not easy. 

What is your current state of mind?
A bit tensed and depressed about certain events in the last few weeks, but I try really hard to not let it impact me completely. 

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I was a little more confident and a little intelligent in life.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I have not achieved anything yet, but I want to achieve a lot. For now, I will say my blog where people come and ask me to write a review on a film they liked, so that they can understand it better. 

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
So much to talk about, and not one person to talk to. 

What is your favorite occupation?
Reading and writing on Hindi films.

What is your most marked characteristic?
Perseverance and patience.

What do you most value in your friends?
Friends who listen and understand without being too judgmental about each other's choices. 

Who are your favorite writers?
Kiran Nagarkar, Salman Rushdie, Jhumpa Lahiri, Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi, Baradwaj Rangan — Love them. 

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Sid in Dil Chahta Hai, Vanraj in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, and Rahul in Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu.

Who are your heroes in real life?
Baradwaj Rangan, Imtiaz Ali, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, and Karan Johar. 

What is it that you most dislike?
People who do not respect a person's individuality. 

How would you like to die?
In my sleep, quietly. 

What is your motto?
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment