Sunday, June 22, 2014

Isolation offered its own form of companionship...

It has been long since I wrote a general post at all. More than six months. It was a conscious decision. A lot has happened that I do not know where to begin. Started work again after a hiatus of two years. Writing this from an hotel in Phoenix. The week was very busy and very tiring and looks like it is going to be like this in the future as well. I really have nothing specific to write today and it looks like I might not be having time to write with the same frequency as I do. And, I have also noticed a decline in the readership of the blog as well, so it looks like I do not have my mojo anymore. People have stopped reading and movie analysis is not something people like to read. So, I might eventually stop writing it and maybe stop writing the blog as well because I know nothing else that I can write on. I started this blog thinking that I will share stuff but I guess I have nothing left in me to say anything anymore. Work has started and there is this feeling of everything new. Same laptop, same office communicator and like always, instant dislike towards some people. There is this funny thing too. I keep finding similarities in new people to the people I know, as if the mind is trying to find bring itself some comfort by finding something familiar. I lost two more 'friends' in the last six months. But it is fine. People move on. 

“Isolation offered its own form of companionship: the reliable silence of her rooms, the steadfast tranquility of the evenings. The promise that she would find things where she put them, that there would be no interruption, no surprise. It greeted her at the end of each day and lay still with her at night.”
— The Lowland

4 comments:

  1. I came across your blog through your post about The Hedge story.

    And having read this post, I just felt compelled to comment.

    I've been where you are at the moment - albeit back here in India but yet equally lonely. Your post sounds exactly like my own thoughts a couple of months ago.

    And I understand how difficult it is to feel at home when you don't know much about people around you.

    I don't want to give free advice especially unasked, but I would say that trying to foster a friendship out there will really help. Would be difficult at first, especially because it's difficult to make friends unlike when we were students. But it is possible nonetheless :)

    Hang in there.

    PS: This is one of the reasons why I never try to move to the US though I've had my chances. That song from the movie Swades would make me long for the familiarity of this broken country of ours :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you dare stop writing!! I swear I'll fly out to Seattle and kill you!

    I just love your blog and make sure to read all the posts, even though I don't comment on them. Frankly, I don't know what to say because all the movie analyses are so freaking AWESOME!!

    On a more serious note, I remember you telling me once that your blog is a sort of personal diary for you where you can write about anything and everything. You write for yourself and not for others. So the loss of readership shouldn't bother you. It is YOUR blog and you have the full right to write about anything you feel like :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second Aastha's thoughts here :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment