Friday, November 4, 2011

Of Not Thinking and References..

Hmmm..Long time no see as always :) It's been really long..nothing much is happening..the same old cribs about work, work and more work! I have taken some steps in the past few days. Only time will tell how right or wrong they are..

For the last few days, I am feeling I have become emotionless.. I mean I am not feeling happy, neither sad..it's just something neutral..And the things that have been bothering me for some time, I am now slightly better with them..it is because I am not even thinking about them at all..just have put them in cold storage for some time..and since I have been overloaded with work for the last three weeks or so, I am not getting time to think about them..In a way, it's ok..as they the opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference..so I am feeling indifferent to certain things..if you can't do something about it, then stop thinking about it..

I mean I have watched only one movie in the last 4 months! I am not feeling like watching Ra.One also..Rockstar, I will watch for sure.. And Cinema Paradiso - the movie quiz I started in office is back for Season 2. It so happenned that yesterday's question was somewhat cryptic but easily doable..So I got mail from 4 people that it is a brilliant question (as R said it is genius stuff :)) But then I replied I think people who got it right are more genius as they can think what I am thinking..It is very easy for me to make a question but difficult for people to connect on what lines I am thinking.. So this was the question I asked..




              
  

Identify which famous character are we talking about! I thought it is a very simple one!

Anyway, I just found a new reference in another movie..Today's question was about Hum Aapke Hain Kaun. I just remebered that scene in which during the wedding when Nisha and the other saalis are trying to distract Prem's attention from the shoes, so they pull a prank on him and say to him that he has a call. During the call, the girl who is calling is hiding under the table and when Prem says who is speaking, she says "Ji main Suman, aapke pichle janam ka pyar". Isn't it referring to Suman from Maine Pyar Kiya?? And then Prem says, "Ji is janam ke liye Nisha ji kaisi rahengi"..Hahaha!

Hum Aapke Hain Kaun was the first ever movie I watched in a hall..was in Class 3 at that time..The movie inspired the Chopras and the Johars and went on to become one of the highest grossing films ever. Suraj Barjatya did a very clever marketing strategy. There were no video cassettes released for the movie and the ticket rates were hiked for the movie..this worked in its favour grossing crores!..But if you see HAHK is an unintenionally funny movie..Just look at Tuffy's role!!

Talking about reference, here's another one  - Pooja and Nisha were the names of the leading actress in HAHK and Dil to Pagal Hai

I simply love finding references in movies!

More later..

1 comment:

Post a comment