Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Waiting for a good film...

I mean WTF? I have stopped expecting good Hindi films these days! like I was so eagerly waiting for What's Your Rashee? and Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani! WYR was not good and Ajab Prem is ok ok types!
I mean after Kaminey and Wake Up Sid, I don't think a worth watching film has released! Ajab Prem is directed by Raj Kumar Santoshi who also made Andaaz Apna Apna ( which shockingy was not a hit!!!!!!)
It is not a great film on the lines of AAA as it is made out to be.. just time pass stuff..there are some scenes which are hilarious like the one where Prem wears Jenny's top! and Prem's mother singing a song! and the party scene where Prem keeps on dancing..but at times the humor and the gags seem artificial and forced! I loved the picturisation of the song Kaise Bataye!..such a beautiful place..I want to know where that place is!
Ranbir is a star but the thing is that he needs a better script! Perhaps Rocket Singh might do wonders for him! I had liked his performance in Wake Up Sid!
Anyway, in these era of bad films, I saw a rare gem of movie Chintuji, a movie which when released and went, no one knows but it is a delightful film that makes you smile! Especially that Akira Kurosawa song!!!
So, the next movie I hope is good is Rocket Singh..but the best thing is I will keep my expectations low..I know how terrible it feels if a film doesn't live up to the expectations which you have been waiting for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment